Get Creative in the Kitchen with HAWAIIAN®
Baked Stuffed Tomato
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 bag HAWAIIAN® Luau BBQ Kettle Style Potato Chips
- 2 tsp. red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. diced bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Split tomato in half lengthwise and scoop pulp out of tomato.
- Crush potato chips in a medium bowl and add rest of ingredients, mixing well.
- Mound about a tablespoon of the chip mixture into the halved tomato and place on a baking sheet and bake in oven for approximately 12 minutes, until tomatoes soften up.
Curried Chicken Salad Canapé
- 2 boneless chicken breast, cooked
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 6 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp. onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. apple, chopped
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberry
- 3 tsp. toasted almonds, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag HAWAIIAN® Sweet Maui Onion Potato Chips
- Chop cooked and cooled chicken; mix rest of ingredients until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top individual chips with curried chicken salad and serve as an hors d'oeuvres.
Potato Chip Crusted Halibut
- 3/4 cup crushed HAWAIIAN® Original Flavor Potato Chips
- 1 tablespoon toasted dried garlic or garlic granules
- 1 (6-ounce) halibut steak or filet
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups washed and dried baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup blanched and stemmed haricots verts (French green beans)
- 1 watermelon radish or 2 regular radishes, stemmed and sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, cut in julienne slices
- 1 to 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin
- Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
- Pinch Fleur de Sel
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In soup plate or shallow bowl, stir together
chips and garlic. Set aside. Sprinkle halibut with lemon juice, salt and
pepper and then roll in chip mixture, packing a little extra on top. Place
halibut on foil-covered baking sheet or heatproof platter and bake 10 to 13
minutes, depending on thickness of fish.
- While fish is baking, in large bowl toss arugula, haricots verts, radish and
onion with Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette. Arrange tomato slices on upper right
edge of plate. Sprinkle with Fleur de Sel. Place argula mixture slightly
over the tomato slices and cascading down the plate. Place cooked halibut on
salad mix and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
- Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together 2 teaspoons minced
white onion, pinch minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon minced lemon zest, 3/4
teaspoon Dijon mustard, pinch minced thyme, black pepper and sea salt and 1
tablespoon white wine vinegar. Slowly whisk in 2 tablespoons olive oil.